This role has direct responsibility for providing maintenance support to a group of grain elevators and fertilizer facilities. The position is responsible for the up-keep of the elevator which includes equipment repair and overall elevator maintenance.
- Repair/assist in repair of equipment/machinery.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machinery.
- Operate maintenance tools.
- Order parts/shop supplies.
- Install new equipment (rigging); fabricate and weld as needed.
- Work within company safety guidelines.
- Comply with the organization’s EHS Policy and all other EHS practices, programs, and procedures
- Successfully complete required EHS and EHS Management System training
- Participate in the EHS Management System by reporting incidents or near misses, attending health and safety meetings, reporting problems and recommending improvements, and other related activities
- Inform a supervisor or instructor of any safety hazards, environmental issues or system deficiencies in the workplace
- 5 years experience as millwright or in a maintenance department.
- Strong skills in fabrication and welding.
- Experience with hydraulics.
- Experience with some electronics.
- Able to lift at least fifty (50) pounds.
- Able to climb ladders and not afraid of heights.
- Clean driving record with ability to obtain CDL if needed.
- Comply with company policies and safety regulations.
- Accreditation in the field or a trade school a plus.