AZZ Galvanizing - Mobile
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, coordinating and supervising maintenance tasks performed at facilities and on equipment.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Six months to one year manufacturing maintenance experience, electrical knowledge of 3 phase 480, bridge crane and monorail hoist experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of hot dip galvanizing, steel fabrication or other custom metal coating operations is preferred. Knowledge of raw materials, production process, quality control and costs and knowledge of hand tools and equipment is preferred. Knowledge of specific and general safety policies and procedures as relates to the plant and the position is preferred.
- Monitors maintenance operations for efficiency and safety while ensuring all regulatory requirements are satisfied.
- Oversees maintenance process and/or staff.
- Performs the same work duties as those of whom they supervise. May perform or assist with more difficult skilled tasks.
- Collaborates with production staff and upper management to resolve maintenance issues.
- Prepares and maintains employee records if applicable.
- May serve as a direct report for maintenance staff.
Consists of smoke, irritating particular impurities, chemical fumes and hot and cold temperatures.
Majority of the time is spent standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and bending. Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. Must have good eye hand coordination.