We are seeking a Machinist to join our Maintenance team, located in Pueblo, Colorado. As a machinist you will machine, disassemble and assemble parts for equipment and machines in a safe manner.
- Keeps work area and equipment clean and orderly
- Perform routine maintenance and assist maintenance personnel
- Use lathes, milling machines, vertical and horizontal boring mills, shapers/slotter machines, surface and cylindrical grinders, radial drill presses, appropriate hand, power and measuring tools, radio controlled overhead cranes, fork lifts, presses and all other shop equipment
- Bench-floor & field work, including alignments
- Materials utilized will include castings, forgings, bar stock flats and rounds
- Read prints, drawings and layout work according to blueprints.
- Observe all safety rules and LOTO procedures
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Machinist Apprenticeship, AAS degree in Machining Technology or equivalent in an applicable field
- Demonstrated proficiency in all categories of Machining Technology, including critical alignments and sophisticated measuring tools
- Ability to perform installation and set-up of 'Class 5' bearings & Babbitt Bearing Fits
- Ability to interpret prints, plan working procedure and select proper materials
- Competent in manipulating numbers, quantities, shapes and spaces; able to take precise measurements and calculate necessary dimensions
- Ability to read prints, layout set-up and operate machines necessary for machining product and accurately test, inspect, dismantle, assemble and repair machined product, making provisions for handling of materials, equipment and tools when needed
- Possess an understanding of the basic manufacturing process and familiarity with heavy industry, manufacturing, or mining; or a closely related field
- Ability to repair machinery required in operating departments and roll shops
- Obtain and maintain OSHA 10 and equipment certifications, as required
- Ability to convey and understand information effectively and safely, including speaking over a public address system
- Ability to work in both inside and outside environmental conditions, with exposure to elevated noise levels, oils solvents, and oil based products, extreme heat and cold, physical hazards - close proximity to moving parts, chips, shavings, scale, and sharp tools
- Must be able to work in a physically demanding manufacturing environment, which will include but not be limited to repetition, climbing, kneeling, standing, crawling, consistent exertion of forces up to 50 pounds or more
- Valid driver's license
- Must be willing to work varied shifts (3 shift rotation) and any days of the week
- HS Diploma or GED preferred
- Must be 18 years of age
Qualified Candidates will be required to demonstrate proficiency through testing.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.