The Machine Operator will be required to perform a set of tasks using machinery. They are responsible for setting up, operating and maintaining various machines to ensure the interminable and efficient running of production.
• Perform machine setups (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
• Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
• Control and adjust the functions and settings of machines (e.g. speed)
• Adjust machine components and machine tension and pressure according to size or processing angle of product.
• Feed the necessary raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
• Remove finished packaged items from machine and separate rejected items.
• Regulate machine flow, speed, or temperature.
• Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools to ensure they meet requirements
• Test the operation of machines periodically to guarantee their smooth running
• Fix issues that might occur during the shift
• Check output to discover any machine-related mistakes or flaws
• Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor or maintenance department.
• Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
• Maintain activity logs
• Proven experience as a machine operator, in previous food related manufacturing required.
• Minimum 6 months experience working as a machine operator in food or like industry.
• Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
• Understanding of production procedures
• Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
• Ability to read blueprints (if needed), schematics and manuals
• Analytical skills and attention to detail
• Teamwork and good communication skills
$16.50/hr plus attendance bonus avail
5:24AM – 3:00PM
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]