Looking fora new and challenging position? Join Welbilt, the leader in foodserviceinnovation. We have opportunities to join our teams of assemblers, machinists,and welders who are skilled at their craft, take pride in their work, andthrive on building excellence. Apply today to be part of Welbilt's Parsons facility*.
We are Welbilt! We arepioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch backnearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' WelbiltStove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food andbeverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent andbuild careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you.We win together as one team.
As Machine Operator II,you will be responsible for set up and operate productionequipment in accordance with established procedures and guidelines to insurequality, safety, and efficiency standards are met to satisfy customerrequirements
Reporting directly to the ProductionSupervisor, this position is based in Parsons, Tennessee*.
• Readand interpret job orders
• Operatemanual production machinery
• Completeelectronic processes
Key Tasks &Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret job order, diagrams, and/or blueprints to select, position, and secure machinery and materials
- Operate manual and/or numerically controlled production machinery and equipment
- Inspect product to insure conformance to quality, engineering standards, and customer requirements
- Load, unload, lift, and move materials and product utilizing lifting equipment when available
- Complete and maintain all associated electronic processes and paperwork (including but not limited to bar-coding, checklists, stamping, blueprints, shipping/receiving documents, accessory lists, and scanning of materials)
- Perform pre-shift preventative maintenance
- Maintain departmental housekeeping and 5S standards
- Perform duties in accordance with current Quality Management System, Safety Management System, and Manitowoc Code of Conduct requirements
- Actively participate in safety training and demonstrate competency by effectively resolving safety issues or bringing them to the attention of management
- 1 -3 years experience required in Construction and/or Manufacturing
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Intermediate math and reading comprehension skills
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Basic ability to read, speak, and understand English language
- Ability to demonstrate safe and effective operation of all required equipment
- Stand and walk on concrete up to 100% of work day
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs alone and over 50 lbs with assistance
- Ability to climb and balance
- Ability to use hands to reach and to handle or feel
- Ability to visually inspect product
- Manual dexterity in hands for tool usage
- Work in non-temperature controlled environments
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
*For over 40 years, Kolpak in Parsons, Tennessee has manufactureddependable, energy-efficient walk-in coolers, freezers, and refrigeration unitsfor the foodservice industry under leading brand name Kolpak. The facility inParsons is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides theworld's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents withindustry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutionsare powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise.Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™,Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™,Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands aresupported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts andservice brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, andKitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in theTampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sellthrough a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt,Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. Allapplicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex,marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other statusprotected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotionswill be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and businessneed.