You can 'build things' anywhere . . . so choose to work for a company that values what you bring to the table, provides you with an opportunity to succeed, challenges your skills, grows your talent, makes safety a priority, and gives you the chance to build a real career - one filled with challenge, passion, pride, and satisfaction.
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
As Machine Operator I, responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, set up and operate production equipment in accordance with established procedures and guidelines to insure quality, safety, and efficiency standards are met to satisfy customer requirements.
We put the 'fast' in fast food and the refinement in fine dining. We put the icy refreshment in sodas and the 'rocks' in signature cocktails. Be part of an industry that touches every life. Advance your career with the leader in foodservice innovation!
Essential Job Functions:
- Read and interpret job order, diagrams, and/or blueprints to select, position, and secure machinery and materials
- Operate manual and/or numerically controlled production machinery and equipment
- Inspect product to insure conformance to quality, engineering standards, and customer requirements
- Load, unload, lift, and move materials and product utilizing lifting equipment when available
- Complete and maintain all associated electronic processes and paperwork (including but not limited to bar-coding, checklists, stamping, blueprints, shipping/receiving documents, accessory lists, and scanning of materials)
- Perform pre-shift preventative maintenance
- Maintain departmental housekeeping and 5S standards
- Perform duties in accordance with current Quality Management System, Safety Management System, and Welbilt Code of Conduct requirements
- Actively participate in safety training and demonstrate competency by effectively resolving safety issues or bringing them to the attention of management
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Intermediate math and reading comprehension skills
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Basic ability to read, speak, and understand English language
- Ability to demonstrate safe and effective operation of all required equipment
- Stand and walk on concrete up to 100% of work day
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch
- Lift and carry up to 35 lbs alone and over 35 lbs with assistance
- Ability to climb and balance
- Ability to visually inspect product
- Ability to use hands to reach and to handle or feel
- Manual dexterity in hands for tool usage
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
- Ability to work over 40 hours as require
*The Delfield Company in Covington, Tennessee manufactures and markets a complete line of foodservice equipment for restaurants, hotels and institutions (including prep tables, undercounter/worktop refrigeration, and blast chillers/freezers) and specializes in custom and reach-in refrigeration. The Welbilt Distribution Center provides logistics for the Welbilt family of brands across the globe. The facilities in Covington are a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.