This role is responsible for managing the facility operations and logistics. Along with originating grain commodities and coordinating shipment of commodities to customers at various locations using knowledge of cash markets and futures markets. The key objective of this position is to safely and profitably manage a facility, while executing sales and growth in the market.
Gavilon's Haw Creek facility is located in Roachdale, IN.
- Manage the planning and direction of facility operations to attain optimum utilization of machinery, materials and labor in order to achieve optimum capacity, yields and overall cost reduction.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, State and local regulations regarding occupational health and safety.
- Ensure that daily operations meet all standards and operational schedules.
- Motivates the team to improve quality, safety and cost performance.
- Purchase and sell assigned commodities from/to targeted customers by providing them with excellent marketing analysis and recommendations. Co-manage customer logistics and inventories to maximize their operating efficiencies.
- Daily activities include logistics management of commodity contracts, customer/supplier communications for the purpose of the sales and purchasing of the specific commodity, market analysis activity in conjunction with a senior merchandiser, accounts receivable management and various other tasks related to commodity merchandising.
- Trade/arbitrage prudently to maximize income opportunities.
- BS or MBA in Marketing, Finance, Ag Business, Ag Economics or Economics is preferred.
- Experience with P&L management.
- 3-5 years of experience is preferred.
- Aggressive, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Excellent communications, computer and public relations skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking capabilities.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and leadership abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects.