Job Title: Linux Systems Administrator
Job Location: Cary, NC
Job Duration:11 Months +
The primary goal of this position is to provide support in the MNSO OSS UCS Compute team. Responsibilities include a wide range of activities including the architecture, planning, implementation, design, capacity management and operational support for the Linux Virtual and Physical infrastructure.
You will collaborate with Operations Systems Support, Network Infrastructure, Security Infrastructure, Project teams, IT, Operations and Product teams. Activities including but not limited to Change, Incident, Problem and Risk Management. You will be expected to own and drive resolution of highly complex UCS related user and application issues involving both normal business hours and off-hour escalations or maintenance activities.
- Proactively maintain and develop all RedHat Linux Virtual and Physical infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service.
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware.
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks.
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
- Develop lab scenarios to mock user environments and test components of proposed solutions.
You'll need to have:
- Previous working experience as a Linux Administrator for (5) year(s)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar relevant degree and or experience.
- In depth knowledge of RedHat Linux.
- Hands on experience with MySQL and/or MariaDB
- Experience with enterprise virtualization products (VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, etc.)
- Experience with IT automation products (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
- Experience with Big Data OSS products (Hadoop, ElasticSearch, Flume, etc.)
- Experience with Enterprise storage products (NetApp, EMC, etc.)
- Hands on experience with VMWare and SAN management and concepts
- Expert in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantage
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Intermediate working knowledge network and security managed services and management systems.
- Willingness to be on call and varying work hours, including weekends holidays.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers, associates, vendors, and management.
- Deliver results under pressure.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills