The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Sell travel packages in all product categories, to include the preparation of complex itineraries with a mix of products. Actively solicit and promote new travel business. Advise on best value, location, and mode of travel to meet client needs and develop book of business. Complete reservations and advise clients regarding documentation requirements. Consummate sale by making necessary travel arrangements (i.e. reservation, collection of money, and processing of documents). Receive and resolve related customer concerns. Build and grow a book of client business. May oversee the daily travel operation in an assigned location.Preferred: Experience with/in:
- Galileo Focalpoint/Viewpoint to book domestic/international air, car and hotel
- Travelport Cruise
- Supplier websites to book tours/cruises
- Cruising and tours
- Independent domestic and internationally
Works indoors in a temperature controlled office environment.
- Successful completion of an approved travel school or two or more years’ experience as a travel agent.
- Certification from Institute: Certified Travel Associate (CTA), Certified Travel Counselor (CTC), Certified Travel Industry Executive (CTIE), Lifestyle Specialist (LS), Destination Specialist (DS), Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) Accredited Cruise Counselor (ACC), Master Cruise Counselor (MCC), tourist board and vendor sponsored certifications, tourist board and vendor sponsored certifications, Advanced Sales Training and Advanced Prospecting Training.
- Planning and booking travel packages containing a mix of products including domestic and international products
Advanced Knowledge of:
- Sales and prospecting techniques.
- Various travel systems including: airline reservation systems to book domestic/international air, car and hotel. Travelport to book cruises.Supplier websites to book tours. Agent Max to secure insurance.
- Monetary requirements and cancellation/change penalties.
- Travel regulations including A.R.C. (Airline Reporting Corporation) and I.A.T.A.N. (International Association of Travel Agency Network).
- Internet sites for research and booking capabilities.
- Domestic and international preferred products and suppliers.
- PC software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Airline rules, regulations.
- Travel protection insurance.
- World geography/events.
- Capture travel related information into reservation/financial system.
- Communicate effectively in a work environment, the public and travel vendors.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations including percentages to complete travel sales transactions.
- Work irregular hours.
- Achieve sales goals.
- Manage time effectively.
- Problem solves and exhibit critical thinking.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements. The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.