The Legal Assistant will report to the Assistant General Counsel and will be responsible for carrying out duties in a corporate legal setting under the guidance of attorneys, including developing case information, tracking matters, and supporting attorneys.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities Include:
- Perform factual research
- Perform records research
- Organize and analyze information
- Cross-check and validate information
- Prepare written reports
- Prepare correspondence
- Check and edit legal forms and documents for accuracy
- Build and maintain databases and files
- Organize and track matter files
- Review and process subpoenas
- Assist attorneys in preparing for trials and court proceedings
- Keep internal clients informed by maintaining contact and communicating case progress
- Maintain matter costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorneys and providers
- Perform standard office functions (answering phones, copying, filing) as needed
Legal Assistant Job Requirements
- A detail oriented person, who is able to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Experience as a Legal Assistant in a law firm or corporate environment.
- Experience with Small Claims Court matters would be a plus.
- Experience with the use of Lawtrac would be a plus.
- SEC experience, particularly familiarity with Section 16 filings would be a plus.