Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
As Lead Engineer for the Conversational AI Platform (CAIP) you'll be providing technical direction for a 5 person team to evolve our Virtual Assistant offering. We need someone with a strong background in software engineering and an aptitude for collaboration to further mature from one-off installations to more event-driven & multi-tenancy patterns. Our product, enabled by Microsoft Azure, is leveraged by agents, members, and other applications who benefit from our cognitive services and machine learning capabilities.
- Provide leadership for an agile engineering team responsible for building and supporting Public Cloud-based tools and services supporting AI and machine learning model development, Model Ops, and Data Ops
- Use your expertise to lay down architectural foundations and provide guidance on development, with an eye toward avoiding and reducing technical debt.
- Drive delivery on a roadmap that helps transform capabilities by combining access to the right tools, data, platforms and scalable computing with Optum’s healthcare expertise and industry leading data assets
- Produce high quality solutions that are reliable and scalable
- Work directly with Business, Technology, Digital to drive development of new service/ product offering
- Encourage the growth of engineers through skills development, objectives and goal setting
- Collaborate effectively in a cross-functional team of engineers, product leaders, scrum masters & User Experience engineers
- Support the software delivery team’s ability to rapidly deliver high-value, quality software through the use of automation and 'everything - as - code' best practices
- Ensure application stability with dev-ops best practices for rapid problem triage and resolution.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Expertise in engineering best practices
- Hands on experience with Public cloud (Azure highly desired)
- Strong collaboration skills
- Experience with DevOps & SecOps
- Experience with Containers (Kubernetes / Docker)
- Hands-on development (Node JS / Go)
- Expertise in Architectural design
- Strong collaboration skills and experience mentoring junior team members
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Bachelors degree in science, engineering or related field
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Architect, architectural design, Azure, cloud, DevOps, development, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota