Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Clinical Manager (OCM) is a strategic, enterprise clinical platform across UHC and Optum that leverages shared technology and services. As an integrated, cloud native, scalable technology platform, OCM delivers seamless end-to-end clinical solutions that are configurable, resilient and quick to build while reducing overall enterprise technology costs. It supports a multi-payer, multi-tenant model, enabling care management, utilization management and digital capabilities.
As a Lead Java Full Stack Engineer, you'll be building the next generation of the Data Platform. With big technical problems to solve - you'll have the chance to push boundaries and create something new.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves take on unique problems that no one is solving in the tech space yet.
- Be a Technologist/Evangelist for technology transformation, involved in developing products built on microservice architecture with front end using Java full stack, Spring boot, Kafka, Azure AKS , Postgres, Kubernetes, GraphQL, Azure cloud, Front end tools like Angular 8 and above, React and Typescript
- Be able to design patterns and performance optimization of services
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of many technical areas in technology through experience and academic achievement
- Hands-on Engineer who leads by example
- Building production ready features and capabilities with best engineering standards
- Shares knowledge internally with peers and leaders and acts as an internal resource for teams and business units within their areas of expertise
- Works with Sr Principle Engineer/Technical Architect to develop prototypes into production ready features
- Guides and mentors junior engineers within the organization
- Work allocation to the scrum team engineers
- Ensure that other team members are successful in completing their deliverables in time
- Sizing and decomposing a feature into manageable and deliverable user story
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
- 8+ years Java/J2EE software development experience with Java, Spring framework, multi-threading, and caching techniques
- Experience in design, implementation and deployment of scalable micro services using containers and container-orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Hands-on experience with front end tools like Angular 8, React and Typescript
- Experience with event sourcing, streaming data and complex event processing
- Experience in building the data load back end services to load data into RDBMS databases
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins
- Experience with code management tools like GitHub
- Experience leading engineers on a Scrum team
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies and DevOps concepts
- Demonstrated success in building design patterns, software engineering best practices and performance optimization of services using memory management, garbage collection
- Passion for engineering and a consistent record of developing great software
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineer, Software Engineering Lead, Software Engineering, Java, Spring Boot, Kafka, Azure AKS, Postgres, Kubernetes, GraphQL, Azure cloud, Angular, React, Typescript, Hartford, CT, Connecticut, Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota