Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
Envision working within a Fortune 6 company, making technology awesomeness happen on how we integrate and externalize cross - functional systems and data. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for driving engineering outcomes for product development teams, as well as increasing the technology evolution for our Data Externalization platforms. This person will be accountable for helping to both introduce new approaches for externalizing data, as well as fully automating the solutions on top of existing technologies, or through utilization of Open Source technologies.
- Leading teams with hands-on development for implementing API and data streaming capabilities, engineering telemetry solutions, building cloud deployment platforms, and working across fully automated stacks in a CI/CD ecosystem
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with IT stakeholders
- Mentor team members on cloud native product development.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure the work delivered by the team is of high-quality standards
- Work closely with architecture groups and drive solutions
- Engineer innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience in IT
- 4+ years engineering or development experience including full life cycle activities
- 2+ years experience hands on experience with Public and Private clouds
- 2+ years mentoring engineering teams
- Experience working within the Agile Framework
- Experience leading and using modern software engineering and product development tools including Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and DevOps
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience with ETL Tools, preferred but not limited to Data Stage
- Experience working effectively across multiple functional areas in an Agile environment
- Requirement analysis and design
- Unix , Java, Python, LeanFT
- Kafka, Cassandra, API development, Openshift, data streams development
- Design/code business requirement/ unit test cases
- SQL, PL/SQL query writing skills
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Software Engineer, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Hartford, CT, Connecticut, Basking Ridge, NJ, New Jersey