Lead DevOps Support Analyst - Multiple Locations
(Internal Title: Lead Technology Support Analyst)
We will consider candidates from the following I.T. locations: MD, GA, KY and NJ
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Technology Support at UPS Technology:
When you have a tech problem that seems insurmountable, we will be there to guide you to the finish line! Our people skills and ability to simplify technical terms and processes set us apart from the average I.T. worker. Our tech support teams are just as committed to helping fix your problems as we are to promoting technology literacy.
About this role:
The Lead DevOps Support Analyst will be responsible for building & extending evolving continuous delivery technology platforms with the goal of moving changing to production faster and safer, while ensuring operational best practices are supported. The position is highly technical and balanced between engineering operations roles such as systems configuration management and software development. The Lead DevOps Support Analyst must be able to architect, create and deliver redundant, scalable and secure enterprise technology solutions. He/She will solve complex problems that require both a technical and business understanding. The individual must be willing to support UPS.com on a 24/7 rotating support basis. UPS.com is supported on site from 9:00a.m. – 9:00p.m. EST and remotely by cell phone from 9:00p.m. – 9:00a.m. EST.
The Lead DevOps Support Analyst will be responsible for:
- Driving operational excellence for the connected services that delivers a 24x7x365 operation
- Driving improvements & efficiencies in operational practices, tools & processes
- Using knowledge of technology & operational best practices to drive the design, development & implementation of operational standards & capabilities that enable highly available, scalable & reliable customer experiences
- Understanding & facilitating the validation, packaging, & delivery of development items to various target environments
- Creating, developing and managing the deployment architecture for applications
- Developing, monitoring architecture and implementing monitoring agents, dashboards, escalations & alerts
- Supporting development team/processes, including user management, automated testing, & environment configuration
Operational point of contact for development, operations & testing
- Overseeing change management and configuration management operating mechanisms
- Understanding where automation can be applied to various aspects of the development process & helps implement solutions to gain organizational savings
- Understanding 3rd party application automation products & applying them to development tasks in a reliable manner
- Creating software and scripts to automate test, staging, and production service deployments
- Monitoring development activities to detect faults or inefficiencies in the processes currently in use
- Driving root cause analysis (RCA) & risk management processes
- Supporting continuous delivery in a cloud environment
- Configuring, deploying and running Open Source Software
- Developing & driving incident management processes, playbooks and stakeholder communication mechanisms
- Proactively exploring new ways to improve user experience, reliability & performance
- Proactively keeping up to date on latest tools, trends, plugins, techniques & shortcuts
- Working cross-functionally to develop best-practices on building & maintaining secure infrastructure, CI systems, & service oriented tools
- Experience with Agile Development, Linux Fundamentals, Linux Performance & Tuning, Linux System Administration
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to thrive in a fast paced diverse environment
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Organized with attention to detail
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as code concepts
- Familiarity with Docker Containers, Kubernetes, Open Shift, Git, Jenkins, and Ansible
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law