We value a strong work ethic and character. At Welbilt, we work hard to ensure that each of our employees has access to a supportive working environment which enables individuals to reach their potential, to be productive and to work to the best of their ability.
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
The Lead Cloud Software Engineer will focus on leading the cloud development of Welbilt's IoT platltform called KitchenConnect. KitchenConnect runs on Amazon Web Services (AWS), and it leverages AWS IoT services. This role will collaborate with the entire KitchenConnect team, Welbilt's IT team, our third-party engineers, as well as with the customers during technical design and development phases, providing guidance, interpretation, and engineering expertise. The role will additionally focus on improving the overall project technical architecture (Database and Software Framework) in order to ensure the scalability of the platform. This role will also manage the internal and external software engineering team members. Lastly, the role will be continuously aware of IoT cloud computing industry trends with regards to technology and adoption while also being proficient in the understanding of and application of various automation related tools and languages
Reporting to the Sr. Director of KitchenConnect, this position is based at our office in Tampa, FL.
- Design, develop, and maintain the KitchenConnect platform/software architecture
- Strong programming skills specially around Node.JS and React
- Manage internal cloud software engineers as well as third-party cloud software engineers
- Ensure cloud product development is on track and meeting the latest cloud computing industry standards
- Collaborate with Welbilt stakeholders (IT, Embedded Controls, Brand Mananagers) and development partners
- Understand customers' requirements and present them with solutions that meet their requirements
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and manage KitchenConnect Cloud software strategy, standards and best practices associated with all aspects of the cloud offerings
- Understand engineering needs and customer needs including those required to build, maintain, and operate the KitchenConnect platform through all its development phases.
- Participate in the back-end and front-end development with other engineers, designers, and product managers to launch new products, iterate on existing features, and build a world-class user experience.
- Incorporate testing scripts and tools into your development workflow to ensure a product is reliable and measurable.
- Manage cloud software projects
- Manage on-shore and off-shore software engineers
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering - advanced degree is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time.
- Strong experience with NodeJS and React
- Strong knowledge of AWS cloud services and the deployment and management of those services
- Infrastructure services such as EC2, S3, API Gateway, Kinesis, EBS, EFS, SES, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Cloudfront etc
- Security services such as IAM, SSO, ADS, Shield and CloudHSM etc
- SaaS Application and DB services such as RDS, Elasticache, Redshift etc
- Strong experience with designing IoT cloud services
- Demonstrates strong customer service awareness and orientation
- Project management skills
- Excellent communication and interaction skills at all levels
- Ability to manage deadlines and complexity and to think and problem solve analytically and creatively
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solving skills and presentation skills
- Teamwork orientated; ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
*Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, or medical condition. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge and abilities, and the feasibility of any necessary job accommodation(s).