At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life’s best work.SM
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00am - 8:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 328 S Front Street La Crosse, WI 54601.7
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
We offer on the job paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 5:00 pm Monday-Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Conduct initial and continuing education telephonically and/or electronically for new and existing in-clinic and on-location event staff.
- Coordinate and maintain Health Care Provider Training schedules.
- Manage assessment results and follow-up with in-clinic and on-location event staff as necessary.
- Troubleshoot Provider/Practitioner requests as it relates to training content and serve as a department resource relevant to training needs.
- Provide support to internal and external customer concerns related to Providers/Practitioners.
- Complete weekly Post Event Reporting
- Observe on-location events to evaluate staff performance, provide necessary training or serve as event oversight as requested.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Knowledge of effective training and writing techniques in order to design, develop and deliver instructive training
- Knowledge of learning styles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word (create, edit and save documents), Microsoft Excel (create, edit and save spreadsheets) and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Willingness to travel up to 10% including days, nights and weekends
- Available for on-call weekend rotation
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) in Business or other related field
- 2+ years experience in designing / developing and implementing professional training materials and conducting training in a business / academic environment
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Understanding of military ranks and acronyms
- Distance learning software experience
- Experience training within adult learning workshops/seminars and healthcare industry
- Previous healthcare experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact and communicate with a wide variety of personality styles in both group and individual situations
- Must possess and demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have strong problem solving, decision making and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently as well as with others in a fast paced work environment
- Must be detail oriented
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost - effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission - driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $17.12 to $30.34. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: PBM, Account Management, Client Benefits, Service Contract, Customer Service, Specialty Pharmacy, inquiries, investigation, benefit set-up, benefit changes, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo