LAB TECHNICIAN / CHEMISTRY / CHEMICAL ENGINEER NEEDED IN MILFORD, OH
We are looking for a Lab Technician / Chemistry / Chemical Engineer in Milford, OH
IDEAL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Must have 5+ years of related experience.
Role: Lab Technician / Chemistry / Chemical Engineer
Duration: 12+ Months Possible temp to perm
Pay Rate: $31.50/hr
Location: Milford, OH
The Contract Lab Technician will provide a wide variety of routine, non-routine, complex to very complex technical services in support of Packaging Coatings product development projects. The candidate must be capable of working independently or in concert with chemists, engineers or project leaders to plan, construct, test and document assignments involving the use of learned skills in a particular field of engineering or science.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that proper safety attitudes, procedures and housekeeping are maintained on all work programs and conducts work in a manner that protects self, co-workers, the environment and safety of the community. 3-15%
- Works as part of a project team to complete established targets with minimal supervision required. 3-20%
- Performs tests to generate and collect all data to meet customer requirements.3-20%
- Analyzes and reports results with minimal supervision required. Communicates results in a timely manner to laboratory personnel to permit them to meet scheduled commitments. 3-10%
- Participates in evaluation and presentation of results in formal and informal atmosphere and makes recommendations when appropriate. 5%
- Works effectively as part of a team as well as independently 3-15%
- Maintains laboratory equipment in orderly and clean condition 2 - 5%
- Performs miscellaneous duties as directed. 5-10%
Success Factors: Prime Success Factors (focus on results, drive change, promote teamwork, build trust & respect, understand market & customer perspective) plus the following: Demonstrate openness and flexibility, Attention to Detail, Planning & Organizing, Problem Solving
Contact with Others: Wide variety of internal customers
Work Environment: lab and/or production equipment
Equipment Utilized: variety of lab scale and/or production equipment; testing equipment
Acts as technical expert to explain products and answer questions and concerns. Responsible for ensuring that customers receive an adequate level of service or help with their questions and concerns.