Job Title: Junior Accountant
Location: 122 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10168
The Junior Accountant is responsible for the processing of daily operational work within Apple Bank's
Accounting Department in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Bank policies/procedures, with a particular focus on preparing bank reconciliations, preparing/posting general ledger entries, processing third-party return checks, and posting incoming wires to customex accounts. The successful candidate should be anal tical, detail-oriented and have stron communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare and post general ledger entries.
• Reconcile various GL accounts (daily, weekly, & monthly) by gathering statements and balancing information.
• Process checks returned by other banks and notify branches/ departments that are involved.
• Troubleshoot reconciliation differences and communicate with all parties involved (branches, vendors, etc.); correct errors by posting adjusting journal entries,
• Manual post to customer bank accounts.
• Scan critical documents for record retention,
• Maintain spreadsheets and prepare activity logs as needed for department.
• Support monthly end closing process.
• Act as backup to department team members regarding various responsibilities (A/R, A/P, etc.).
• Secure financial information; safeguard customer information.
• Assist with other accountin ro'ects as assi 1ed b mana ement.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• 1-3 years progressive experience in Accounting or Finance, preferably at a financial institution.
• Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, including Excel & Word.
• Strong communication skills (verbal + written).
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytic skills required.
• Jvlust be detail-oriented, with superior organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and manage tight deadlines.
• Must be a team player.
• Self-motivated, with hi h initiative and able to work with minimal su erv1s1on,
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to frequent changes due to delays or unexpected events.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written + verbal)
• Display strong work ethic and high integrity.