Job Title: Junior Accountant
Location: 122 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10168
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Junior Accountant on the Accounts Payable team is responsible for all processes and workflow that lead to the timely payments of AP vendors, as well as employee reimbursements. The workflow for this position includes accurate and timely processing of invoices, the provision of audit documentation, vendor communication and payment management for all vendor accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
• Respond to internal and external inquiries promptly and resolves potential issues in a timely manner; solicit customer feedback to improve service in order to meet commitments efficiently.
• Maintain accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and accounts payable files.
• Maintain accurate coding to the general ledger for costs components related to vendor invoices.
• Assist FVP, Controller and accounting personnel as necessary.
• Comply with all accounts payable policies and procedures.
• Meets department productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
• Set up new vendors in our accounting database system.
• Manage and process 1099 transactions.
• Prepare analysis of accounts, as required.
• Performs filing and copying.
• Assist with other accounting related projects as assigned by management.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
• 1-3 years of Accounts Payable experience, preferably for a financial institution.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Display basic understanding of accounts payable policies and procedures.
• Excellent customer service skills required.
• Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills; strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to frequent changes due to delays or unexpected events.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written + verbal)
• Display strong work ethic and high integrity.