Responsible for sales, marketing and framing up opportunities for the international fertilizer trading division of Gavilon Fertilizer, LLC with emphasis in Latin America. This position is based in the Savannah, GA headquarters.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interacts directly with clients in Latin America to grow long-term commercial relationships.
- Markets and sells vessel quantities of agriculture grade fertilizers which Gavilon originates from overseas manufacturers.
- Responsible for sales, contract execution, credit application, coordinating ocean freight, collection and customer service.
- Participates daily with leadership to exchange market intelligence and to develop trade strategies.
- Manages within established trading and credit limits set by senior management.
- Manages a diverse portfolio of products (nitrogen, phosphates, and potash) within the specified region.
- Provide training to others in the organization as necessary.
- Has responsibility for developing budgets and forecasts for the Gavilon international fertilizer trading division.
- Assists in modeling regional supply & demand.
- Reports to the VP International Trading
- Bachelor’s degree in International Trade, Logistics, Business, Finance, Economics Ag-Economics or Ag-Business.
- Or 10-15 years of related experience in International Agricultural commodity industry
- Ability to travel
- Ability to plan, and administer strategy and processes for a trade platform
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently with a sense of urgency
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent English & Spanish.
- Proficient in Portuguese