Aerotek has an immediate opening for an Internal Communications Coordinator at the corporate office in Hanover, MD.
Job Summary: The Internal Communication Coordinator is responsible for supporting Aerotek's internal communication efforts, with a specific focus on managing the company intranet. Routine responsibilities include writing news articles, general oversight of intranet standards, improvement and documentation of internal processes, management of corporate email distribution lists, and internal communications writing and creative assignments.
• Support communication channel management to ensure employees receive accurate, timely and clear communications. Communication channels to include:
- Company intranet:
- Leverage the intranet's full potential as a communications tool to provide employees with the resources they need
- Plan and write communications about intranet features to increase awareness of its capabilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the intranet, including posting documents and creating pages. Liaise with department points of contact to ensure accurate and current content is maintained
- Deliver timely news and announcements; interview appropriate parties to develop content. Develop and maintain an editorial calendar for news articles and serve as editor of the intranet homepage
o Weekly e-newsletter
o Internal meeting app
- Distribution lists:
- Understand the various internal audiences, serve as primary point of contact for approving new email distribution lists and SharePoint team sites
o Phone and web conferencing
• Facilitate the sharing and use of feedback to improve business events and processes. Support feedback processes of:
o Develop and analyze internal surveys
o Conduct next day feedback calls
- Establish key performance indicators and success measures for the intranet. Analyze metrics, usage trends and employee feedback, and recommend improvements to enhance the site and drive usage
- Liaise with IS on issues and improvements for global voicemail and email distribution lists, intranet features, and reporting. Provide feedback and approval on new tools and enhancements to IS
• Support internal company meetings with presentation development and on-site support
• Track internal communication events and maintain a calendar of all communications occurring within the organization
• Liaise with creative design team to develop internal collateral, posters, presentations and more
• Bachelor's degree in communications or related field
- Entry level position, 2-3 years of experience preferred
- Should be able to write and edit for both print and online channels
- Candidates must be detail oriented, highly organized and have a desire to learn new applications
- Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact and communicate with a variety of staff throughout the department and the company
- Experience in SharePoint is a plus
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.