EVRAZ NA currently seeks an Internal Auditor: Risk and Controls to join our team at our Headquarter office located in Downtown Chicago! The Internal Auditor takes the lead on scheduled and ad-hoc audits for a variety of business, operational, financial and compliance functions at the corporate and divisional level.
This is a highly-visible role within our organization with exposure to an assortment of business functions and direct interaction with senior-level management, teams and individual contributors throughout the company.
Reporting to the Director of Internal Audit and working alongside our Internal Audit Manager and Sr. Internal Auditor, this role provides a high levels autonomy and responsibility in a collaborative work environment that allows you to continually stretch your skill set and future growth opportunities with EVRAZ NA!
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures that company functions are mitigating risk effectively by executing control procedures and complying with company policy / regulations.
- Performs evaluations of business and audit risks
- Performs financial, operational, and compliance audits
- Determines scope of reviews/audits with audit team and leadership
- Performs internal audit procedures from planning to creation, completion and presentation of audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed
- Recommends corrective actions in a manner that optimizes risk mitigation and organizational objectives
- Perform follow-up procedures on the status of corrective measures implemented
- Ensure knowledge and skills transfer to and collaboration with members of the IA team
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting, Business, or Finance
- Two to five years' audit experience in private industry and/or in accounting firm; Big 4 experience is not a necessity
- Working towards or qualified as a CIA, CPA, CFE or CISA
- Experience with internal controls/SOX 404 is not a necessity
- Demonstrated understanding of IPPF, Code of Conduct, internal control and risk management principles and practices
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting
- Intermediate to advance proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Superior verbal and written communication skills to effectively present to peers and management
- Must have a good interpersonal skills and be able to investigate, question and negotiate diplomatically
- Must have the ability to multi-task, must be detail-oriented