Why Welbilt? We are passionate about developing and harnessing your true potential. If you value integrity, passion, teamwork, entrepreneurship, and accountability, take a look at our career opportunities today!
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
Welbilt is currently looking for Interns in our Finance and Logistics Departments at our facility in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. *
- Broaden your real-world business knowledge and experience.
- Receive an inside look at your potential career path.
- Gain exposure to other functions and departments.
- Students are encouraged to apply
Reporting directly to the department manager, you will be responsible for assisting in clerical support of the assigned functional areas in the Finance or Logistics Department, responding to internal and external inquiries and distributing accurate information.
- Support workforce initiatives.
- Accounting clerical support.
- Routine entry-level bookkeeping
- Customer support in Shipping / Receiving
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Respond to internal and external inquiries
- Distribute accurate information as directed
- Process Warranty Claims
- Assist in uploading customer tax information
- Upload invoice data to customer databases
- Assist with payment runs
- Keying orders
- Assist with customer returns and investigates any shipping/receiving issues
- Assist with freight claims
- Daily filing
- Additional miscellaneous activities
- Must be able to work 30 hours per week
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
*The Delfield Company in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan manufactures world class product brands such as Delfield® and Multiplex®. Products include prep tables, worktop refrigeration, refrigerated equipment stands, mobile serving lines, custom refrigeration, frozen beverage dispensing equipment. The facility in Mt. Pleasant is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.