Intermediate DevOps Engineer
Internal Job Title: Intermediate Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done…our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Intermediate DevOps Engineer provides input and support for full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). Performs tasks within planned durations and established deadlines. This position collaborates with teams to ensure effective communication in supporting the achievement of objectives. Provides knowledge, development, maintenance, and support for applications.
The Intermediate DevOps Engineer will be responsible for assisting with configuring and overseeing the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools for the Worldport Test Operations (WTO) test environments. Tools may include Jenkins, Groovy Script, Git, TFS Build & Release and Docker. The candidate will have familiarity with CI tools to help development teams produce pipelines and Automation tools such as Selenium and UFT that improve software quality. The development stack will include Java, Maven, Oracle, as well as, C#, .Net and SQL server. Will have strong verbal and written communication skills and will be comfortable presenting technical strategies to development teams and other DevOps Engineers.
- Assist to define and control the application CI/CD methods and process
- Assist with configuring, implementing, and automating Continuous Delivery pipelines for software delivery teams utilizing the supported CI tools
- Create, implement, and provide oversight of system properties, script library and plugins
- Work with deployment and release management tools to onboard development teams and create full release pipelines
- Assist with working across departments to collect and contribute to CI/CD best practices
- Resolve build server or deployment related problems as required
- Work with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Create build definitions in TFS and manage TFS pipelines
- Create/develop automation testing utilizing Selenium
- Knowledge of Agile Development, C# .NET, Java Programming, Microsoft Team Foundational Server (TFS) and Selenium
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law