Previous Sales Experience is NOT Required, but a Motivated, Outgoing & Positive Attitude is!
Come and see why National General Insurance has been voted as a "Great Place to Workâ€ for 2 Years in a Row!
- Paid Curriculum Based Training Program!Â We will cover your licensing fees and get you licensed in Property & Casualty!
- Financial Stability!Â First 6 Months Earning Potential: $50,000.00; 1st Year Earning Potential: $70,000.00; 2nd Year Earning Potential: $100,000.00+
- Work from the Comfort of Your Own Home!
- Warm Leads Provided! No need to build your own pipeline, cold call, or pay for your leads!
- Full Benefits!Â Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Matched 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, 18 Days of PTO; 11 Paid Company Holidays; Employee Discount Programs, Employee Referral Program, Family Oriented Company Culture!
Responsible for developing expertise in Property and Casualty insurance, and selling Property and Casualty products based on client needs.Â This role uses cutting-edge technology to provide quotes and sell policies across multiple insurance lines and carriers.Â In addition, this role is responsible for providing outstanding client service and creating a positive relationship between National General and its prospective clients.Â This position may also participate in cross-training and necessary licensing to support selling of Accident and Health products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Acquire licensing and appointments required to sell property and casualty insurance products in all necessary states
- Responsible for using various systems to track, gather information and answer customer inquiries
- Identify customer needs and work to meet those needs using sales tools and techniques
- Develop expertise in sales skills
- Develop expertise in property and casualty insurance across all product lines, including ancillary policies
- Educate clients on insurance needs and products
- Pair knowledge of insurance products available with listening skills to identify and provide products that best meets each customer's needsÂ
- Provide value to a sales team by working collaboratively to support the team's energy, morale, and production
- Meeting key performance metrics such as sales, productivity and quality requirements
- Strive to sell the NatGen Insurance product that meets the customer's need or other products when appropriate
- Perform other duties as requested, including attending required meetings, continuing education, and all-team meetings
- Understand the team culture and demonstrate the commonly held values to contribute positively to the working environment
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Complete New Hire Technical Training Program
- Active and valid Property and Casualty license or ability to acquire as part of our training program within 60 days of hire
- Ability to be qualified by Department of Insurance to be appointed as a licensed sales agent by multiple insurance carriers â€" which may include additional criminal background and credit checks as required by the Department of Insurance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrates adequate/accurate typing speed while talking to the customer
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of auto policies and procedures
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of underwriting guidelines
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of billing guidelines
- Demonstrate professional phone etiquette
- Demonstrate proficiency with Sales systems
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Associates or Bachelor's degree, or equivalent customer service experience
- Prior experience working with the public in a customer service or sales environment
- Ability to make the "Human Connectionâ€ and empathize with the customers
- Ability to negotiate in order to adequately sell the brand and product
- Basic math skills
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations
- Ability to think analytically
- High degree of dependability and motivation