The Information Security Solutions and Engineering leader will lead a multi-disciplinary team of engineers accountable to align with and direct security solutions and patterns for the enterprise. This individual will lead team members and influence colleagues with complementary roles across the enterprise to determine key technical directions and guide the selection and deployment of security solutions within strategic platforms. Additionally, they will focus on creating relationships to ensure buy-in for risk mitigation initiatives, deployment of supporting security capabilities and leading a team of engineers in shared and collaborative delivery across the enterprise.
This leader and their team will be responsible to align closely with strategic technology leaders and their teams (e.g. Cloud, Data Governance, End User Technology and others) to support shared security decisions and capabilities, assess threats as well as existing & future risks, guide technology direction and the associated solutions to manage risks, and determine methods to ensure successful adoption of security capabilities that enable technology leaders to deliver on their business obligations. They will be expected to promote and gain adoption of security solutions across the enterprise, including for teams leading products and engineering services in the business units and managing technology service portfolios (whether integrated or non-integrated).
Success for this leader and their team is centered upon establishing and maintaining solid relationships and buy-in for risk-mitigation initiatives that serve as enablers of business transformation. They will be accountable to ensure that patterns are created (and clearly documented) and that adoption of those patterns is a key performance indicator. This leader will be expected to drive a culture and mind-set shift within their team and among their colleagues. They will need to use business, negotiation and relationship skills to obtain buy-in and support from operational colleagues, product owners and executive leaders. You will be accountable for developing the organization and challenging the team to deliver value to business partners in a measurable way.
The team will:
- Support business operations and critical information asset investments to ensure that the security portfolio remains strategic and that security and business resources & budgets are fully aligned to execute the priorities of the organization and deliver expected business results
- Provide security engineering for enabling services and line of business solutions
- Develop and maintain security patterns, working with line of business CIOs, security officers and technical information security advisors to ensure that platforms meet pattern requirements
- Guide and lead the design, development, and deployment of security solutions as part of enterprise services and solutions
- Focus on shared solutions that support changing threat detection and monitoring solutions, and integrate services delivered by external sources into a seamless framework including portfolio management and total cost considerations
- Influence technology roadmaps in the business, products and services to represent information security risk management in technology plans
- Promote and champion agile engineering practices
- Map foundational capabilities and practices to ensure they are in place to protect our critical assets
- Pursue opportunities to continually assess technologies and drive adoption to enhance business outcomes commensurate with measurable return on investment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 10 + years of experience in a technology-related field
- 10 + years of experience leading enterprise level programs
- 5 + years of success leading through other leaders (with direct people management responsibilities)
- A measurable bias for solutions that are flexible and extendable to meet future business and security needs
- Demonstrated success building and maintaining productive relationships with executive leadership
- Track record of effective executive level communication, including formal presentations
- Experience articulating a technology strategy and challenging diverse perspectives across an engineering team to agree on best approach and patterns for a complex enterprise
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely, convey complex information in a manner that others can understand and to understand and interpret complex information
- History of managing financial activities, including: budgets; CBAs & ROIs
- Track record of success driving culture change and mind-set shifts
- History of success building, managing, developing and retaining high performing teams
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Diverse experience across multiple service management disciplines
- Experience as a senior leader in Optum Technology infrastructure or line of business organization
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.