The IT Engineer applies the theories and principles of information and computing to the design, development, testing and deployment of new and improved technology solutions. Partnering with architects on technology standards and roadmaps, and with business analysts on the business needs, the IT Engineer guides effective solution delivery with a focus on designs and verification, overseeing technology contributions from internal and external resources.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with management and/or analysts to analyze and understand the information technology needs
- Design, develop, test and deploy technology solutions to satisfy identified needs.
- Ensure solutions are aligned with the technology roadmap and standards (technology, security, quality).
- Create process flowcharts, diagrams, technical workflows and other related design documentation.
- Create and deliver the technical solution. Programming, data delivery, etc.
- Verify that the solution satisfies both the functional and non-functional requirements, accomplished through planning and executing tests, and through reviewing delivery lifecycle documents.
- This particular position has the following specialized responsibilities:
- Extract-Transform-and-Load (ETL) design, development, and technical support
- Reporting and Data Visualization
- Data analysis and query development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years IT experience, with mastery in the following domains:
- Informatica or similar ETL development experience
- Solid understanding of relational database management systems, SQL, and business intelligence/reporting tools
- Experience with cloud architecture (AWS or Azure)
- Preference for breadth of IT domains, technologies and roles
- Demonstrated experience with modeling and design visualization tools
- Ability to document and effectively communicate complex technical subject matter
- Experience designing, integrating, and managing complex technical solutions
- Leadership, negotiation and consensus-building skills with business and technical groups
- High sense of urgency and flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management and organization skills