If you're looking for an environment where you can make a real difference to the lives of employees, then Welbilt is for you. Find out how to become our next HR Generalist.
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
As Human Resources Generalist, you will be responsible for administering human resources policies and procedures, collecting and analyzing HR data, preparing and/or distributing internal employee communications regarding compensation, benefits, or company policies. Team with other department staff to provide administrative support and technical human resources assistance to management and associates using the established Welbilt guidelines.
Reporting directly to the Human Resources Business Partner, this position is based in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan*.
* Manage employee relation issues within established protocols
* Manage and guide the Employee Lifecycle including recruitment, onboarding, job changes, and offboarding
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Acts as resource to leadership team, managers and directors. Assists and advises in areas of compensation, recruiting, promotion, etc.
* Provides training and guidance to salaried employees/managers in performance and compensation; provides training and acts as resource to all employees with respect to benefits. Benefit Administration to include claims resolutions, change reporting and communicating benefit information to employees.
* Works in Taleo and HR Fusion as well as other software to maintain records of personnel transactions such as hire, promotions, transfers, reviews and terminations and employee statistical reporting to gov't regulators
* Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns/union grievances. Analyze employment-related data and prepare required reports.
* Maintains manpower listing
* Promptly responds to grievances and maintains grievance log.
* Responsible for new employee orientation
* Time processing for payroll processing
* Bachelor's degree preferred with a minimum of four years of previous human resources experience; will consider 6 years of relevant previous human resources experience.
* Labor Relations experience is required
* In-depth knowledge of Regulatory Statues.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Microsoft Office applications is required.
* Fusion or Oracle experience preferred.
* Fast paced environment
* 5% Domestic travel is required
*The Delfield Company in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan manufactures world class product brands such as Delfield® and Multiplex®. Products include prep tables, worktop refrigeration, refrigerated equipment stands, mobile serving lines, custom refrigeration, frozen beverage dispensing equipment. The facility in Mt. Pleasant is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.