Position: Entry Level Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Chicago, IL
Overview: Avenica is currently recruiting for an Entry Level Human Resources Coordinator. The ideal candidate for this position is a recent college graduate interested in gaining experience in human resources, client relations, and general business. Great opportunities for professional development and career growth. No experience required.
Responsibilities of the Entry Level Human Resources Coordinator:
- Recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation
- Balance the role of company advocate and employee advocate
- Provide and assist in recruitment activities
- Perform standard and ad hoc reporting for HR and management
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
- Responsible for maintaining organized and accurate personnel files.
- Create, update, and file documentation for a variety of accounts and changes to accounts.
- Policy and procedure interpretation, communication, and administration
- Assemble PDF files for board meeting and posting to web page
- Some data entry/processing that pertains to specific accounts
- Maintenance of routine jobs and administrative tasks as assigned
Requirements of the Entry Level Human Resources Coordinator:
- Bachelor’s degree is required - all majors encouraged to apply
- Some Human Resources or general office experience is a plus but not required (professional,
- internship, education, or other)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands and priorities
- Initiative to actively seek opportunities to broaden knowledge and improve skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve best possible solutions
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- Ability to understand client and business partner needs and challenges and apply creative and logical approach to identify solutions
- Ability to receive and understand direction, ask questions when appropriate, and manage time to work effectively and independently
Avenica is a national recruiting firm specializing in matching recent college graduates to entry-level, career-track positions within great companies. Using a proven, personalized process, we’re able to connect grads with opportunities that fit with their skills, career goals, and interests. Regardless of your major or experience level; whether you’re right out of college and looking for your first real job, or a few years out and looking to redirect your career, we’ll help you identify your transferable skills, discuss potential career options, and coach you on your resume and interview skills. To learn more, visit our website at www.Avenica.com.
Avenica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants of all ages, experiences, and backgrounds to apply for open positions. Avenica does not discriminate on the basis an applicant’s age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or status with regard to public assistance.