RSM is looking for a dynamic Supervisor to join our Healthcare Assurance team in our New York office. We have a rapidly growing practice with a diverse healthcare client base, providing excellent development and career advancement opportunities. RSM has designated healthcare as a priority industry for the firm, and is continuing to invest in people, technology, and thought leadership. We collaborate with major health care associations, such as the HFMA, HIMSS, and various state hospital associations. RSM US LLP has a great work and family life balance, with the ability to schedule any travel two to three months prior. At RSM US LLP you have the opportunity to have access to decision makers on a daily basis and you get the chance to see the entire audit process from the start. RSM US LLP also has an outstanding training program to help you move your career where you want it to go faster. Our brand is The Power of Being Understood and we want you to find your passion at RSM US LLP.
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating the auditing of all required financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables
- Develop an understanding of the client's business, and become a healthcare industry specialist to understand client specific needs
- Lead the team through the entire audit process, preparing all necessary financial statements and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Understand and utilize RSM’s Audit Methodology
- Supervise Audit Associates and Senior’s on engagement teams and function as an in-charge facilitating field work by monitoring and reporting regarding productivity and adherence to work plan schedules on each assignment
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues as they arise
- Interact with clients to help ensure the information flow from the client to the audit team is efficient
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to Managers and Partners
- Identify performance improvement opportunities
- Recognize and inform management of opportunities to increase types of services to clients
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education
- Willingness to travel as needed based on client assignments
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
- CPA or CA Certification
- 4+ years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with financial statement audits
- Minimum of 2 years of team lead or in-charge experience overseeing staff on multiple engagements
- Understanding of audit services with knowledge of GAAP, GAAS and FASB regulations
- A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships
- Previous experience auditing healthcare and related organizations
- A successful record of directing and deploying staff and senior associates on multiple, simultaneous engagement
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.