1. Initiate referral by accepting information from referral sources (including the use of multiple electronic referral systems) and completing referral in Home care Home base (HCHB) from start to finish. Call physician offices to thank them for patient referral, ensure that they are following and will sign orders and ask if there is anything else we can help with.
2. Verify clients' Medicare and/or Medi-Cal number for active status which includes the ability to navigate the MVP system and Medi-Cal database effectively.
3. Screen patients to verify client address and telephone number, service needs, insurance, and if applicable, Durable Power of Attorney information.
4. Apply knowledge of homecare, home health, and hospice to be able to answer any questions the patients may have about Mission's services
5. Monitor the patient's progress up to the time the RN's initial meeting is scheduled to ensure that he/she receives services as soon as possible and no unnecessary delays are introduced by partner departments. Work closely with Insurance Verification Department, Scheduling and Clinicians and follow-up as required.
6. Handle calls coming in from Marketing, patients, facilities, or physicians immediately as routed through the front-desk. Act as supplemental marketing for launches of new products and services.
7. Verify orders and physicians and obtain specific orders for care and obtain physician UPIN number if necessary.
8. Write supplemental physician orders (RN to co-sign) and inform appropriate field staff of new orders.
9. Assist with Welcome Calls to our new patients.
10. Assist with customer call-backs to discharged patients.
11. Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to calling laboratory/X-ray companies to order specific tests required by the physician, informing ancillary services, such as Mission Homecare, of the needed services for the client.
12. Attend and participate in all scheduled and supplemental meetings.
13. Attend and participate in training as required.
14. Positively impact the Mission culture.