We’re excited to be back in the Ocala area and hiring for our Licensed Health Insurance Agent Program. We have an exciting opportunity to individuals looking to enter the fields of sales and marketing, service, and project management. Healthcare is the fastest growing industry today and career opportunities within those organizations are abundant. We’ll train you for a new exciting career which can open the door to many opportunities both at DialAmerica and beyond. Give us 6 months and your resume will be overflowing with experience.
Interviews will be conducted the weeks of June 17th and June 24th. The two week training program will begin on July 8th.
What is a Licensed Health Insurance Agent?
Licensed Health Insurance Agents are experts who are able to explain, recommend, and sell healthcare plans to individuals. By getting your license with DialAmerica you will gain valuable resume building skills and significantly increase your earning potential!
What You Can Expect
If you join our program and stay with us for 6 months you could make up to $10,000 due to our exciting bonus opportunities. In addition, you’ll leave with an insurance license, Leadership certification, and valuable sales and service experience that will impress future hiring managers. When you obtain your license with DialAmerica, you’ll benefit from:
• Paid training
• No cost for training materials
• Access to an experienced trainer
• All expenses paid for testing and licensing fees
Once you pass your exam, you'll be assigned to one of our client programs and participate in additional paid training classes. You'll then help individuals navigate the health insurance plan options. Specific duties for this position include but are not limited to:
• Assisting customers in evaluating their needs and selecting the best healthcare plan solution in a consultative manner
• Assisting in the enrollment, renewal and service of customer accounts.
• Helping sell insurance products and services to new and existing customers
• Updating customer records accurately and efficiently
• Recognizing and complying with performance standards for quality, performance, attendance, and schedule adherence.