UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You push yourself to reach higher and go further. Because for you, it’s all about ensuring a positive outcome for patients. In this role, you’ll work in the field and coordinate the long-term care needs for patients in the local community. And at every turn, you’ll have the support of an elite and dynamic team. Join UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses and you will use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients.
In this Field Behavioral Coordinator role, you will be an essential element of an Integrated Care Model by relaying the pertinent information about the member needs and advocating for the best possible care available, and ensuring they have the right services to meet their needs. The role is to engage the person in the treatment process and then assist his/her to access the appropriate community services so they can pursue their treatment goals in the community and avoid institutionalization.
If you are located within the Tidewater, VA area you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assess, plan and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, lease restrictive level of care
- Conduct initial and follow-up assessments within designated timeframes
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs; including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services
- Manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
- Provide subsequent member follow - up as determined by individual member needs
- Liaison with other case managers and UM staff to help coordinate services and treatment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Human Services
- 4+ years of experience working within the community health setting in a health care role
- 2+ years of behavioral health experience
- 1+ years of experience working with Medicaid population and working with GAP population
- Intermediate skills with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%) within a designated geographical region of Virginia for home / site visits
- Access to reliable transportation
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Independent, active and unrestricted Mental Health License (LMHC, PsyD, LP, LPCC, LISW, IMFT) in the state of Virginia or an RN with 2+ more years of experience in psychiatric nursing
- Experience working with SMI or co-occurring disorders
- Background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Experience with electronic charting
- Experience in long-term care, home health, hospice, public health or assisted living
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Field based work experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, Nurse, Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Marriage or Family Counseling, Case Manager, Licensed, PsyD, LP, LPCC, LCSW, LISW, IMFT,CCM, LMHC, Medicaid Waver, Behavioral Health, Public Health, Psychiatric, Community Health, Long Term Care, Rehab, Home Care, Care Coordination, Home Health, Complex Case Management, Managed Care, Bilingual, Virginai Beach (Tidewater), VA, Virginia, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote