UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this Health and Social Services Coordinator role, will be an essential element of an Integrated Care Model by relaying the pertinent information about the member needs and advocating for the best possible care available, and ensuring they have the right services to meet their needs.
If you are located in Maricopa County, AZ, area you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assess, plan and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, lease restrictive level of care
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs; including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services
- Manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
Expect to spend about 80% of your time in the field visiting our members in their homes or in long-term care facilities. You’ll need to be flexible, adaptable and, above all, patient in all types of situations.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience working within the community health setting in a health care role
- 2+ years of experience working with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in long-term care, home health, hospice, public health or assisted living
- Ability to travel in assigned region to visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals or providers' offices
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Social Worker
- Degree in Psychology, Special Education, or Counseling
- 1+ years of Case Management Experience serving persons with physical or developmental disabilities; OR 2+ years of Case Management Experience serving persons determined to have an SMI
- Case Management Experience serving persons who are elderly and/or persons with physical or developmental disabilities and/or persons determined to have a Serious Mental Illness (SMI)
- Experience with electronic charting
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Experience working with the pediatric population
- Field-based work experience
- Background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low-income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Health & Social Services Coordinator, Registered Nurse, RN, Licensed Social Worker, Social Worker, Healthcare, Case Manager, Case Management, Care Coordinator, Social Work, Long Term Care, Home Health, Hospice, Public Health, Assisted Living, Community Health, SMI, Serious Mental Illness, Behavioral Health, Geriatric, Elderly, DD, Bilingual, Pediatric, Community Resources, C & S, Community & State, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, UnitedHealthcare, Field Based Work, Field Work, Travel, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Remote, Work From Home, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona