E. H. Wachs, an Illinois Tool Works Company, is a recognized world leader in the manufacture and distribution of field machining and valve exercising equipment. www.ehwachs.com.
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com. Job description
The HR Generalist will provide day-to-day professional HR support. This role will serve as a trusted advisor to managers to manage daily issues related to all phases of the employee life cycle such as recruitment, hiring, compensation administration, employee relations, talent acquisition and development, employee data maintenance and reporting.
- Serve as a role model for the ITW Core Values and our Leadership Expectations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Human Resources operations, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Manage the bi-weekly payroll for the US and Canada employees through Ceridian Dayforce and Powerpay. Follow up on and resolve payroll discrepancies.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years previous experience in a HR Generalist position.
- Understanding of employment law.
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion with highly confidential business and employee information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and credibility with individuals at all levels of the organization while demonstrating a positive and approachable attitude.
- Adapt easily to change, perform calmly under pressure, and work effectively in ambiguous environments.
- Capable of working independently, with limited supervision managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate updates with colleagues, keep team members informed, and respond clearly to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Make independent decisions, be highly inquisitive, and possess a continuous improvement mindset to suggest ways to improve policies and processes.
- Must possess a strong drive for results and show initiative to identify issues and provide solutions.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills; good listening skills.
- Effectively manage time and prioritize work.
- Strong technical skills / aptitude: Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.