The centrally located Doubletree by Hilton HotelSan Diego/Mission Valley is in search of a full-time Guest Service Agent tojoin their Guest Services team! With recent awards, we are able toillustrate that Hilton is the #1 Best Company to Work for in the U.S.! Comejoin us for our next 100 years!
For qualifying individuals, we offer benefitsincluding but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, 401k (+company match),an extensive PTO (paid time off) plan, AMAZING travel discounts, meal planswhile you work...and much more!
- Earn a competitive wage of $14.00 per hour
**Pleasenote, due to business needs, this position requires full availability to workMonday-Sunday, days, nights, weekends, possible overnight and holidays**Basic Qualifications/Requirements:
- 1 year of customer service experience, required
- 6 months' previous front desk/guest service experience, preferred
- Greet guests and complete the registration process to include, but not limited to, inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirmation of guest information and room rate, selection of rooms, coding electronic keys, promoting marketing programs, providing a welcome packet and ensuring guest knows location of room and/or has a bell person accompany him/her.
- Assist guests with check-out including, but not limited to, ensuring rooms and services are correctly accounted, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, converting foreign currency, making change and processing gift certificates and cards.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of hotel information including, but not limited to, room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, the local area and other general product knowledge and answer guest questions and inquiries.
- Use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities and to maximize room occupancy.
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Field guest complaints, conduct research and resolve and negotiate solutions for guest satisfaction.
- Receive, input, retrieve and relay messages toguests.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!