Business Systems Analyst
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology. UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS is embarking in a WFM, Time, and Payroll Transformation project for the purposes to support the end-to-end implementation of a modern Time & Attendance and Payroll solution, operating and service delivery model in North America, and executing a successful end user experience. Our goal is to transform the Payroll function to become more strategic, technology-enabled, and effective organization with strong business alignment, modernized technology, and efficient processes.
UPS is hiring a business analyst role to support the payroll operations team business capabilities and strategies by analyzing complex business processes end-to-end, making design recommendations to optimize performance, and supporting the execution of programs to realize our future-state.
The Business Systems Analyst works independently on projects of moderate to high complexity serves as a liaison between the business community and Information Services (I.S.). This position contributes to the identification of solution alternatives, elicits and develops business and functional requirements that meet the needs of the business in a date driven business and application development environment.
The successful candidate should have 3-5+ years of Business Systems Analysis experience. The candidate should have experience elicting, creating and editing Business and Functional Requirements.
Applies Business Systems Analysis Processes
- Participates in creating project work plans for assigned tasks to ensure milestones are met.
- Supports subject matter experts in specific business systems analysis areas (e.g., business domains, processes, tools, techniques, etc.) while expanding his/her knowledge base.
- Reviews other BSA's (Business Systems Analysis) work products to ensure completeness, accuracy, and adherence to quality and work product standards and best practices.
- Participates in testing of BSA work products and processes to identify requirements defects, to meet standards, and to ensure effectiveness.
- Assists in conducting root cause analysis of defects to identify key and recurring problems, and provides solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Assist to define and implement system solutions and execute in an agile delivery model by developing epics, user stories, test scripts, acceptance criteria, and training materials.
- Develop time and payroll business process framework.
- Analyze existing processes, applying different techniques and methods, including documentation of the existing flows.
- Support the design of 'to be' processes and work with functional SMEs to stay aligned with business stakeholders, users, and technical teams.
Elicits and Analyzes Business Needs
- This position elicits and analyzes business needs for highly complex projects and validates that solutions fit within the long-term strategic vision.
- Coordinates and facilitates work sessions to gather relevant information and to ensure understanding of the audience's knowledge.
- Analyzes, comprehends, and applies the appropriate level of details, based on the stage of the project life cycle.
- Participates in identifying solutions for cross-functional project and ensures mapped solutions satisfy business problems and opportunities.
- Develops detailed business and functional requirements, requirements traceability, and corresponding work products to ensure stakeholder understanding and to serve as a basis for subsequent work products in the project life cycle.
- Breaks down complex concepts into comprehensible concepts to ensure appropriate level of communication and understanding for the project stakeholders.
- Identifies, addresses, negotiates, records, reports, manages and escalates action items, risks and issues associated to the project.
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Modeling
- Microsoft Office
- UPS Business Analysis Competency Training (BA101 & BA201) for internal UPS candidates
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP)
- Technical Knowledge of hardware & Software
- Object Oriented Analysis & Design
- GUI Design
- Structured System Analysis
- Data Modeling
- Web Development Technologies
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to create project plans
- 2+ years of experience with Agile, SAFe, and/or Scrum
- Experience with Quality Management, Change Management, Business Processing
- Advanced Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
The desired Business Systems Analyst will possess a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
- Are you a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer?
- 3-5+ years' of Business Systems Analysis experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law