Full Time Teller
East 62nd Street, NY
The Teller processes a variety of routine financial transactions including but not limited to: check cashing, withdrawals, deposits, and loan payments, while delivering exceptional customer service. The incumbent in this position actively engages customers and provides them with basic information regarding Apple Bank products/services and refers customers to more experienced colleagues in order to provide suitable financial solutions. The Teller maintains and balances a cash drawer, listens to customers attentively and escalates issues to branch management as required. The Teller complies with all required Bank policies and procedures to minimize risk and protect the financial well-being of the customer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs basic financial transactions, including but not limited to: check cashing, withdrawals, deposits, and loan payments, in accordance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Provides exceptional customer service in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner.
- Responds to customer inquiries and resolves routine issues, escalating complex problems to more experienced staff members.
- Develops basic knowledge of products/services offered by Apple Bank to effectively assist the customer; recognizes opportunities to offer additional bank products/services by referring customers to the appropriate colleague within branch, meeting assigned referral goals.
- Complies with all operational controls, including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures in order to minimize risk and protect the financial well-being of client; safeguard assigned cash and negotiable instruments.
- Maintains a cash drawer and follows proper balancing and reconciling procedures; prepares daily proof sheet at the close of business each day.
- Provides additional services, including the issuance of money orders, cashiers and travelers’ checks, and the exchange of foreign currency.
- Adheres to the Bank’s Code of Conduct.
- Performs other duties and tasks as requested.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs non-teller clerical duties on a periodic basis.
- Displays a willingness to be cross-trained on non-teller functions.
- Works weekends/extended hours and at neighboring branch locations when necessary.
Skills, Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 6 months of cash handling or customer service experience required, prior teller experience preferred but not required.
- Customer service focus with ability to actively listen, eliciting information, comprehending
- customer issues/needs, and recommending solutions.
- Ability to comprehend Apple Bank product offerings.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Displays courteous and friendly behavior.
- Detail orientated and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- General math skills required.
- Basic computer skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to multitask effectively.
- Displays sound judgment and discretion when utilizing confidential information.
- Possesses strong work ethic, positive attitude.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
All new hires must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine in order to work at Apple Bank. Candidates are responsible for showing proof of these vaccinations during their onboarding period. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for disabled applicants and employees with medical documentation establishing they should not be vaccinated and for those with sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent vaccination. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.