Careerswith MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient,affordable health care and exceeding our patients' expectations. Ourneighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medicalteam and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and getback to what's really important. We provide a broad scope of services includingurgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. Aspart of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're workingtogether to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system workbetter for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices inMorgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Havingenergized and friendly front office assistants is essential to deliveringquality care and creating success in our centers. As a front office assistant, you will be responsible for greetingpatients, activating patient files, and providing support to medical staff. Ifyou're a team player with a warm and welcoming attitude, excellentinterpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task, we'd love for you to joinour team!Primary Responsibilities:
- Assistin opening and closing the clinic, locking and unlocking the doors, andmaintaining a clean waiting area
- Welcomeall On-Site Clinic patients and visitors by greeting them with a friendlydemeanor, answering inquiries and directing them through theregistration process.
- Answermulti-phone lines, filing, faxing, scanning documentation and completing dailypatient callbacks
- Collectall insurance information, verify patient demographics, process payments, andcomplete phone sheets.
- Dischargepatients, verify their information, and provide them with anything needed toleave such as discharge papers, prescription, or work/school excuses
This roleis patient-facing and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise levelis moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases andblood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at atime (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity inrelation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may varybased on location, patient volume, and business needs.
You'llbe rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that willchallenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in yourrole as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- HighSchool Diploma or equivalency (GED)
- 1+year(s) of customer service OR experience in a medical office setting
- Experiencewith basic computer software and the ability to learn electronic medicalrecords
- Lift50 pounds
- Employeesare required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app,Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or asimilar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the worksite each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply withany state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Groupbuilding, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physicaldistancing cannot be attained.
- Youwill be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) andare required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this isan essential function of this role.
- Understandingof occupational medicine
- Experience collecting health insuranceinformation and/or processing patient payments
- Experience with patient registration
- 6+ months of experience navigating computer systems, tools,and technologies - such as Microsoft Office, point of sale (POS), electronicmedical record (EMR), or practice management and billing systems
Proofof immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCareis committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they dobest: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative andbusiness support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practiceswhich are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physicianemployees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-makingand patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or controlthe practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of theirphysicians.
Diversitycreates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practicesare Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, maritalstatus, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCareand its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates arerequired to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Front Office Assistant, Receptionist, ClinicAdministrative Assistant, Patient Coordinator, MedExpress, Patient ServiceRepresentative, Customer Service, Clinic, Clinical Administrative Coordinator,Medical Office, Customer Service, Patient Care, Medical, Healthcare, Admittingand Registration Clerk, health care , medical receptionist, scheduler, frontoffice, medical front desk, MedExpress, Charlottesville, VA