GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Greet patients and obtain and verify patient information. Schedule appointments. Answer telephone in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Greet incoming patients
- Obtain patient information, i.e., New Patient Information Form, driver's license, insurance cards. Review for completeness and accuracy.
- Scan driver's license and insurance card
- Provide patients with all necessary forms
- Inform staff of patient's arrival
- Answer telephones and route calls as appropriate
- Schedule appointments and confirm new patient appointments. Give instructions to the patient as directed by the physician.
- Fax physician progress notes
- Oversee, maintain, and manage physician and nuclear schedules. Notify physicians of any scheduling conflicts and daily start times.
- Review and handle all messages faxed to the office by the Answering Service
- Perform other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year experience as a receptionist. Experience in a healthcare setting is preferred .
Knowledge of HIPPA Regulations
REQUIREMENTS: Adherence to all policies and procedures, including confidentiality, safety, performance, attendance, punctuality, and personal grooming and appearance. Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to speak and write in a professional, courteous, and concise manner. Accept and utilize feedback and constructive criticism.
- Excellent interpersonal, typing, and organizational skills
- Excellent use of computers, printers, telephones, fax machines, and other office equipment
- Ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, problem solve, and prioritize responsibilities
- Work well both independently and as a team member
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrate efficient use of time and ensure work is accurate and of high quality
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, colleagues, physicians, and the public
- Successfully manage interactions with challenging or difficult people