Deputy Director of Corpoarte Real Estate – New York, NY
The Deputy Director of Corpoarte Real Estate works closely with the SVP, Department Director to help manage initiatives and projects and oversees the day to day operations of Apple Bank’s Corporate Real Estate team, including our field maintenance personnel. The Deputy Director will be tasked with creating and fosterimg a collaborative/team based environment, ensuring that Corporate Real Estate function delivers the best-in-class services to internal users. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Executive Suite, Consumer Banking, Branch Operations, Legal/Compliance, Finance, Data Analytics, and IT to analyze the suitability of properties and negotiate leases or lease extensions, renewals, options and, terminations. Additionally, this position will develop projects programs and oversee facility remodels and relocations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish collaborative relationships among a variety of individuals and business units.
- Work with senior management and Bank business units to identify and create opportunities for physical workplace, operating and budgetary efficiencies.
- Work closely with SVP, Director of Corporate Real Estate to gain knowledge transfer, in order to understand all aspects of department.
- Develop and establish contract bidding controls and set standards for KPIs, market analysis and highest and best use of real properties.
- Engage with real estate and legal professionals on all aspects of real property expansion and management.
- Develop preventative maintenance planning and programs and ensure that all facilities are code compliant; retain third-party experts when required.
- Develop and optimize capital budgets in collaboration with business units; improve facilities reporting, processes and procedures.
- Supervise and oversee professional development of maintenance staff.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or Real Estate or other related field.
- 10+years’ experience in the management of a corporate real estate function.
- Knowledge of and ability to independently manage all aspects of real estate projects including design elements, construction, building systems, building codes, and leases, as well as negotiating contracts for professional and vendor services.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Must possess and demonstrate strong motivational and leadership qualities.
- Ability to create team-based and collaborative environment.
- Possess extensive knowledge of real estate strategies, tactics and negotiating skills.
Apple Bank offers Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement and more, to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.