First Vice President - Branch Operations Officer- Manhattan, New York
The Branch Operations Officer is primarily responsible for supporting the management, coordination, and implementation of Apple Bank’s branch operating policies and procedures that align with regulatory requirements and sound banking principles, in order to support organizational business growth objectives and mitigate risk. The incumbent will be required to work with leadership to develop a strategic and operating plan, placing emphasis on process reengineering, the centralization of opportunities and the implementation of change to enhance and transform operational efforts. This position works closely with other departments within the Bank that impacts daily branch operations and ensures that branch employees are well informed and adhere to current procedures. Additionally, the Officer serves as a liaison between senior management and branch employees to effectively communicate matters requiring executive input and/or approval.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Play key role in the development and implementation of new projects, product development and IT enhancements, affecting branch operations.
- Serves as Branch contact for BSA related matters. Oversee branch procedures and/or manuals functions, including the writing, updating, approval, distribution, and re-engineering of them.
- Initiate or approve MIS service requests relating to branches.
- Develop, review, and approve new branch related forms and document. Work closely with Compliance Department Substantial on all branch related consumer compliance matters; amend, approve, and determine that all truth-in-savings disclosures are up to date and available on Bank Intranet (AppleNet).
- Respond to various State, Federal, Consultant, and Enterprise Risk Management requests, questionnaires, and/or surveys (i.e. prepare records and respond to regulator first day letter requests).
- Review, respond to, or direct to appropriate areas complaint letters that have been received.
- Respond to district and branch management issues and concerns affecting daily branch operations.
- Approve operational transactions including wires, uncollected funds approvals, and charge-off considerations, as deemed appropriate.
- Interact closely with various departments, including but not limited to Legal, Compliance, Systems, Lending, Financial Crimes Compliance, Risk, CustomerLine, and IT.
- Serve as the Operations Department contact for large Debit Card claims, Online Banking, and RDC related issues.
- Serve as the Operations Department contact for numerous third party service providers (i.e. CXI, ChexSystems, Chase, eWire, FIS, etc.).
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Review all potential loss reports to determine disposition as well as adherence to procedures.
- Review a variety of daily or periodic reports to mitigate loss and identify trends.
- Determine rates and APY for rate for CDs based on formulas, customer relationship and/or agreements.
- Verify and approve weekly and premium rate changes.
- Respond to elevated customer issues as directed by executive management.
- Approve employee signing authority requests.
- Respond to Wire Room, ACH, and Accounting Department issues.
- Respond to Internal Audit examinations.
- Review and approve documentation for employee line of credit agreements and riders.
- Maintain strong contacts with peers at other financial institutions.
- Represent the Bank in professional and community organizations.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelors or higher level degree required.
- 12-15 years of retail banking and/or branch operations experience with at least 6-8 years of managerial experience required.
- Strong knowledge of state and Federal banking laws, rules, and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Bank operating systems.
- Must have strong knowledge of Regulations CC, D, DD, E, etc.
- Keen understanding of BSA/AML compliance and KYC and CIP requirements.
- CRA knowledge required.
- Strong communication skills (verbal + written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal oversight.
- Ability to complete project assignments in a timely manner
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.