The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides expert financial advice, guidance and counsel supporting business objectives and decisions. Researches, evaluates and interprets financial data using advanced and emerging financial techniques and tools. Responsible for providing consulting services to internal customers through participation on projects or corporate initiatives. Acts as the primary liaison with assigned business project teams to ensure successful achievement of project objectives and goals. Develops, designs, tests and documents system changes or upgrades. Coordinates with various departments in preparation for services provided by external organizations (i.e. bench marking, exams, audits, etc.).
Develop complex financial models to aid in the analysis of losses, loss adjustment expenses and/or reinsurance contracts. Coordinates and/or leads projects related to statutory accounting and reinsurance, internal and external audits, and enterprise risk management related activities for the department. Conducts research to determine and communicate financial implications on losses resulting from reporting entity changes, mergers/acquisitions, reinsurance structure changes and/or new accounting/reporting pronouncements. Serves as a subject matter expert on corporate projects, providing expertise and ensuring department needs are met.
- advanced degree or certification in accounting or finance field (i.e. CPA) or insurance industry certification/designation (i.e. ARe, CPCU)
- knowledge of/experience in loss reserve development projections and other actuarial loss reserving techniques
- experience in economic regression analysis of variables that drive financial results/support project recommendations
- experience in developing/implementing business simulation/models
- experience in reinsurance contract placement
- experience in coordinating and/or leading projects, audits, etc.
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment.
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics.
- equivalent to a senior position within Finance/Accounting or other related fields
- developing complex financial models using macros and other advanced spreadsheet applications (i.e. EXCEL) and experience using other software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- providing oversight to less senior employees in the quality of work product
- analysis of technical issues and complex financial data and developing sound conclusions
- the design and implementation of medium to large projects
- problem identification and resolutions techniques
- analyze complex financial data
- develop and implement new financial analytical and reporting systems
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment
- prepare and present written and oral reports
- Strong organizational, planning, time management and administrative skills demonstrated through work experience.
- Strong communication skills in order to present complex information in a clear and understandable manner.
insurance and/or reinsurance accounting or financial analysis
- researching and applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or Insurance Statutory Accounting Principles
- statutory financial statement preparation
prepare in-depth analysis of statistical and financial data compared with peers, industry, corporate targets and history
- provide subject matter expertise for corporate projects
- advanced spreadsheet and database applications and / or programming software (i.e. R, SQL, Python, Tableau)
- property/casualty insurance industry including insurance product and operations
- automated accounting systems
- analytic, numerical, and statistical problem solving
- interpret insurance and reinsurance contracts
- enterprise risk management process
- clear and concise written and oral communication to all levels of an organization, including senior level management
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.