As a Financial Consultant within our Behavioral Solutions area, you will be responsible for a broad array of duties supporting the Medicaid business in three states in the Midwest, as well as provide supplementary support for other Central Region contracts with UnitedHealthcare Community & State (UHC C&S). Responsibilities include routine and ad hoc financial reporting to finance leadership, financial and claims analysis, and presentation of findings and recommendations to management. Role includes responsibility for budget & forecast planning and process support.
If you are located in the Midwest, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for profitability analysis and management reporting for three Medicaid state programs in the Midwest
- Serves as the Executive Director's primary point of contact for understanding financial performance of the assigned book of business
- Provides detailed analysis related to revenue, benefit expense (claims expense), and administrative costs
- Support management with thoughtful, actionable analysis related to benefit utilization trends, unit costs, and operational impacts
- Support leadership in ensuring alignment of State funding with services being contracted
- Works with Corporate finance teams to establish program specific pricing and develop budgets and forecasts
- Perform monthly close analysis to facilitate understanding of monthly results against the financial plan
- Partner with business leaders to evaluate investment opportunities and cost savings initiatives to maximize resources and create efficiencies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in conjunction with budgeting and forecasting process
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant financial analysis OR claims analysis experience
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Office product suite, and other technology tools
- Ability to work in a matrix environment while positively influencing other functional areas
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Project management or process improvement experience
- Smartview experience
- Strong financial, analytical, and business acumen
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to business opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Financial Consultant, Corporate Finance, Hyperion Essbase, P&L, Medicaid Finance, telecommute, telecommuter, remote, work from home, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, MN