If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is a complex, fast-paced, matrixed environment that is ever evolving through acquisition and continued partnership with UnitedHealthcare. As a member of the Care Delivery Finance Team, you will use your finance, data analytic, and strategic experience to evaluate key market data and resources to help steer the organization’s priorities and investments while partnering with senior leadership. Specifically, as the enterprise continues to strive for best-in-class quality and clinical outcomes while improving the patient and provider experience, OptumCare and UHC are developing a comprehensive analysis to determine strategic partnership opportunities.
- Develop modeling in conjunction with UnitedHealthcare to assess future partnerships in Medicare Advantage, DSNP, and Group Retiree spaces
- Create P&L forecasts for all agreed upon partnerships during each cycle
- Maintain new markets budget
- Assist with market development including new products, contracts, etc.
- Gather and evaluate market data to help inform growth opportunities
- Create in-depth long-range market-level financial projections to assist senior leadership
- Partner with various teams within OptumCare to understand and incorporate financial impact of future growth opportunities
- Assist senior leadership with Ad Hoc requests
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in finance and/or accounting
- Ability to effectively interpret the key drivers of each business case
- Proven knowledge and experience with developing forecasts
- Prior experience working with financial models
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and localmasking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- Hyperion Essbase and Peoplesoft experience
- Prior experience with Healthcare
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Strong oral & written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strategic Finance background
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: finance, accounting, Minnesota, MN