Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Due to corporate growth, MedExpress is seeking a Financial Analyst II who will report directly to the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis. The successful candidate will be a motivated and self-starting individual who thrives on being a team player within in a dynamic organization. Daily responsibilities of this position will have a direct impact on executive reporting and analysis that will drive decision support and directly contribute to the organization’s overall success.
- Maintain monthly executive reporting requirements.
- Active preparation and participation in the monthly close process.
- Work with department heads to establish annual budget inputs.
- Develop and maintain monthly or ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Analyze historical data related to volume, centers, revenue and expense to identify future trends for forecasting and budget input.
- Ability to analyze data and results to identify efficiencies and cost savings.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field.
- 2+ years of work experience in FP&A - preferably within a publicly held company.
- Strong written and oral communication skills within all layers of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Previous experience with general ledger research and data manipulation.
- Able to take large amounts of data and translate it into valuable analytical and decision support results.
- Experience with participating within the annual budget process.
- Proficient in financial modeling.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Health care or retail knowledge
- Experience with Peoplesoft and TM1
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: FP&A, financial planning and analysis, finance, financial modeling, financial analysis, financial analyst, senior financial analyst, general ledger, MedExpress, Canonsburg, PA