OptumCare Connecticut market is seeking a Financial Analyst that is excited about being part of our growth and success. OptumCare is business within Optum that maintains employed and contracted arrangements with physicians in multiple states. This position will partner directly with various teams across the local organization including operations, accounting, and finance in order to provide analytical and financial support, and to help grow Connecticut market. We are looking for an inquisitive team member that cares about the details, but can also think and act strategically.
In addition, this position will provide analytical and financial support to the ProHealth Physicians (ProHealth) Medical Group as needed. ProHealth is the largest Primary Care practice in the state of Connecticut and the anchor medical group for the OptumCare Connecticut network.
- Forecasting and Budgeting:
- Partners with departmental leaders to oversee the annual budget creation and quarterly forecasting.
- Develops cost/benefit analyses and staffing needs for key strategies or initiatives.
- Participates and develops company-wide business plan and strategies.
- Oversee month-end close and reporting:
- Manage the reporting and analysis of Revenues, Medical Costs, and SG&A for the month end close.
- Lead the month-end variance analysis process and report to Sr. management the financial performance and prospective consequences.
- Prepare reporting packages to be distributed to business partners.
- Income Statement management:
- Research and understand business operations, and work with senior leaders on SG&A efficiency, workforce management, and medical affordability initiatives.
- Calculate and analyze business profitability by payer and product.
- Oversee the consolidation and elimination of intercompany transactions on a detailed and segmented basis.
- Capital Budgeting
- Assist in the development of cost/benefit analyses to support capital project approvals.
- Works with accounting to monitor actuals by capital project as part of the month-end close
- Valuation of risk arrangements with health plans, the development of operating cost models, and shared savings and pay for performance analysis
- Creation and management of various ad hoc analysis and financial models for Sr. Management
- Produce well-formatted reports that communicate a clear, compelling message for stakeholders
- Critically think through less structured, more complex issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, related field, or relevant work experience
- 2+ years of progressive professional experience in finance and/or accounting
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Excel
- Experience performing and supporting transactional-based finance and accounting transactions
- Experience with executive presentations with strong communication and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders (ability to translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences)
- Ability to solve complex problems through collaboration with operations and other resources
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel’s Power Pivot and Power Query)
- Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft experience
- Experience in healthcare and insurance industries
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Finance, Accounting, Economics, excel, Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft experience, Farmington, CT, Connecticut