Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Aspiring to help people live healthier lives isn't just a goal we're after - it's the only thing we're after. And we have the know-how to help make it a reality for millions. As a Financial Analyst with UnitedHealth Group, you'll work on an elite team with experts who are guiding our success and writing our future. Learn more by applying today!
- Gather, summarize and analyze detailed data
- Support monthly reporting of P&L financials, creation of quarterly forecasts, and annual multi-year budgets
- Leverage understanding of financial statements, financial modeling, and a hypothesis-based approach to identify, validate and quantify opportunities
- Identify cost savings opportunities and drive expense management initiatives
- Collaborate with key organizational stakeholders within our organization to develop new strategies and improve existing practices to ensure effective expense management
- Demonstrate aptitude for critical thinking in complex situations with the ability to synthesize ambiguous data into concrete results
- Support special projects, including structuring the work, driving the right set of analyses and presenting the conclusions to management
- Produce clear, well-formatted reports that communicate a clear, compelling message for their stakeholders
As rapidly as technology advances, you'll need to be just as quick at adapting and adjusting. And you'll also need to be fully committed to working on agile and collaborative teams, where your discipline and dedication will make all the difference to your team's achievements.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Financial or analytical experience (academic or professional)
- Financial acumen and profit and loss management skills
- Experience and ability creating Microsoft Excel spreadsheets from scratch to manipulate data for analysis required.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field strongly preferred
- 1 or more years of financial and/or accounting experience or relevant internship experience
At UnitedHealth Group, we're making a difference in the lives of millions of people. That's a lot of responsibility and a chance to do your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $43,200 to $76,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Financial Analyst, Financial Analysis, Finance, Colorado Springs, CO, Colorado