Senior Staff Accountant - Commodity Trading Firm
SNI Financial has partnered with one of Houston's leading Commodity Trading firms, who are actively looking to add a Senior Staff Accountant to their team. This client is highly regarded for their fun and energetic work environment, having a reputation for great work life balance, offering attractive compensation (base + annual bonuses) and lots of potential for advancement within their growing organization.
Areas of responsibility for the Senior Staff Accountant include:
- Providing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and accrual calculations;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements;
- Perform post-close variance analysis over financial results;
- Provide accounting and finance support for the trading group with ad-hoc projects, variance analysis and establishing company benchmark metrics.
The ideal candidates will have:
- 2+ years of Accounting experience (either within public accounting or as part of a corporate accounting team with full cycle responsibilities)
- BBA in Accounting or Finance; active CPA or in the process of completion
- Strong Understanding of US GAAP principles
- Proficient with the advanced functions of MS Excel
- Experience within the Commodity sector or Midstream industry, a plus
- Possesses the willingness to learn and the ability to adapt in a fast paced environment.
For confidential consideration send a copy of your resume to Jason Grable at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call 713.820.9000.