Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum Financial group brings financial services expertise to every point in the health care system. We help individuals become smarter health care consumers. We help providers get paid faster and finance equipment and technology so they can better serve their patients. And we help employers provide affordable, effective health and wellness benefits through tax-advantaged accounts and stop loss coverage.
- Develop and review financial forecasts and monitor monthly and quarterly performance against plan
- Work closely with the business to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans, and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
- Develop, perform, and manage the analyses of business and financial metrics as well as performance measures
- Collaborate with sales and product team in creation of pricing proposals
- Produce clear, well-formatted reports that communicate a clear, compelling message for their stakeholders
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis as requested
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, equivalent experience considered
- 2+ years of financial and operational management experience
- 2+ years of experience working collaboratively and influence across a matrix environment to drive revenue enhancement and expense management initiatives
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Office product suite, and other technology tools
- Proven experience driving business performance in a high growth environment
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Enterprise financial systems such as PeopleSoft / Essbase / Smartview
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Healthcare industry experience
- Strong financial, analytical, and business acumen
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Financial Consultant, Finance, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota